- To strengthen the capacity of professionals in Bangladesh in the field of
- Disaster risk reduction with particular emphasis on seismic and urban hazards
- Infrastructure management and structural health monitoring
- Urban safety
through relevant laboratories (e.g., geotechnical and geophysical testing laboratory, earthquake engineering laboratory, non-destructive testing laboratory, computational laboratory), research infrastructure, library and computational facilities.
- To strengthen other local agencies on the above mentioned field through training
- To promote disaster reduction by disseminating information and knowledge to the public on hazards and safety measures through electronic and print media.
- To promote collaboration with other national and international universities and research organizations.
- To provide research, testing and consultancy services in the field of Disaster Prevention and Urban Safety.