The course topics and resource persons are listed here. Details and other information are also provided in the brochure (attached below in downloadable forms).
The course is aimed to cover the following topics:
- Seismic Hazard and Geophysical Investigation
- Fundamentals of Earthquake Load and Computer Applications
- Introduction to Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Fundamentals of Structural Dynamics
- Fundamentals of Earthquake Resistant Design and Computer Applications
- Seismic Vulnerability Assessment
- Fundamentals of Retrofitting of RC Structures
- Software Application of Seismic Design and Retrofitting
This short course will be conducted by the following personnel, who have been involved in the latest update of the Bangladesh National Building Code:
- Dr. Khan Mahmud Amanat, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Dr. Mehedi Ahmed Ansary, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Dr. Tahmeed M. Al-Hussaini, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Dr. Tahsin Reza Hossain, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Dr. Raquib Ahsan, Director, BUET-JIDPUS and Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Dr. Shohel Rana, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
No. of seats: 30
Application: Contact with authority via Email, Telephone no. (Given below)
Registration: February 4-February 12, 2018
Registration Fee: 22,000/- (Twenty Two Thousand taka only)
Course Duration: 3 weeks (3 days per week) (February 15-March 3, 2018)
Class Time: 2:00-7:00 p.m (Thursday) 9:00 a.m-12:00 p.m (Friday) 9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m (Saturday)
Contact Information: 029662975.
Venue: BUET-JIDPUS, BUET, West Polashi, Dhaka-1205
Application Process: Interested candidates are requested to submit the filled application form along with all academic certificates and transcript to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be notified email/phone call to complete the registration process.
Registration Process: Selected candidate will be requested to submit the filled registration form along with registration fee payment reference/bank draft document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloadable forms (link):
Please copy each link and paste it in browser address bar to view the form.